Thread: Shifting Caverns of Kael'Shaemar (work-in-progress)

Map Shifting Caverns of Kael'Shaemar (work-in-progress)

The Shifting Caverns of Kael'Shaemar is a new tile set I'm working on that will be available as a free download.

Size and Scale info:
    The board = 4800 x 3600 pix = 120 x 90 feet
    1 map tile = 600 x 600 pix = 15 x 15 feet
    1 floor tile = 100 x 100 pix = 2.5 x 2.5 feet
    A token/player should take up the space of 1 floor tile

Attached images, from left to right:

* Image 1 - Empty map board showing the grid and 18 tile slots to fill.

* Image 2 - The first 3 pieces of the "Inner Walls" tiles set I've done so far. I want to make about 10 pieces (possibly more), with a duplicate "plain" set that doesn't include the ferns, soil and rubble.

* Image 3 - A "Ruins & Holes" tile set that I'm almost done with. I'd like to have at least 15 pieces for this one.

* Image 4 - Various tiles that will be part of other themed tile sets. I'm thinking of doing a "Crystal Waters" set that will all be pools of water, fountains, etc. "Into the Depths" which will all be stairs, ladders, portals, etc., where players can descend to lower levels. Another (or maybe 2 more) sets of ruins. A "Dangerous Terrain" set with traps, pools of lava, bottomless pits, and other such dangers. I'm also working on a set with a network of streams/rivers, but I'm not far enough along yet with that one to show a preview. And I'm sure there will also be a "Miscellaneous" set of pieces that don't really fit into a specific theme.

* Image 5 - A quick example of some of the tiles on the board.

The board is already finished and will come with 4 different empty tiles, for open spaces and for making your own tiles. As soon as I've finished the "Inner Walls" and "Ruins & Holes" sets, all three will be available (as separate downloads) at the same time. That should give people a fairly decent amount of options to play with while I work on the other sets. If people really like these and they get a lot of downloads, I'll most likely make some additional boards as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empty Cave Board preview.PNG 
Views:	258 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	42324   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cave Board with Inner Walls preview.PNG 
Views:	176 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	42325   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tiles 1 preview.PNG 
Views:	266 
Size:	944.3 KB 
ID:	42326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tiles 2 preview.PNG 
Views:	626 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	42327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Filled Cave Board preview.PNG 
Views:	871 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	42328  

Gorgeous work Neyjour!

Are those tiles with white lines in the middle meant to be spiked pits? It's not quite clear.

Btw Your site is great too, how long have you been mapping ?

aaronil, thanks very much!

Yeah, they're pit traps with metal spikes. It is a bit difficult to make that out in the small previews, but comes across much better in the full resolution.

Glad you liked my gallery! I started mapping August of last year. I happened to stumble onto the Dundjinni forums, loved the maps I found there, and wanted to give it a try myself.