Thread: Need North American post apocalypse map for Wreck Age

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Need North American post apocalypse map for Wreck Age

I'm from Hyacinth Games, which is developing the miniatures and roleplaying game Wreck Age and we're currently seeking someone with this forum's skills to create a map of North America for our upcoming rule book. The setting is Earth in 2455, after the rich have abandoned the planet. The setting is primarily post apocalypse, but from decay rather than the traditional nuclear warfare.
    Photos of the setting can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wreck-...6278?sk=photos

Subject

The map would be of North America (Mexico, US, Canada) post collapse. The biggest thing is the ice caps have melted so the water has risen, New York is flooded. Some of the great lakes have also risen. Lake Michigan for example, has flooded Chicago. I may be interested in a full world map as well at a later point. North Americas biomes have changed as well, which would be reflected on the map. Depending on fees I would also like close ups of specific regions that would have man made structures. At the moment I'm primarily concerned about the North American map.

Style

Preferably I am looking for a map that would imitate an image such as this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:No...thographic.jpg That could even be used as a base image depending on copy rights. Nothing man made would be on the map.

If you believe that you would be able to make a map that would show how North America has changed in a different format, I am open to proposals. I've seen more map formats browsing this forum today than I have in my entire life.

Quality & Size

Professional
    Required for print and digital rule book
    Map would need to be high resolution and will likely take up half of an 8x11 page, or possibly a full page (I'm sorry if this is vague, we haven't started this chapter's layout)

Time Constraints
    Map is preferred by April 1st, so that it will be ready for our Adepticon booth.

Copyright

- Hyacinth Games retains the copyright, the image can still be used for portfolios and non commercial use. Wreck Age is being developed for Creative Commons, so everything in print will be released freely as well.

Contact Details

Payment via Paypal. Please provide a bid and a link to a portfolio. Payment upon completion.
    carl at wreck-age dot net

I think that's all I've got. Thanks!
    Last edited by Saruus; 03-09-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Paid-Taken

Blog Entries

A faked remote sensing image isn't really my thing, but AFAIK, the great lakes should be shrinking, not expanding.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

The NASA Images are copyrightfree so it is possible to use the given Material and Reform it. I would like to give it a try. Do you Need any alterations like and texture overlayibg the Map or New Desserts or other landscape Features beside the overflowing lakes and coasts?

I have a list that I can send you of where the major alterations would occur. The desert would have expanded in some areas and shrunk in others.

I believe the great lakes expanding is attributed to weather patterns, I'm not sure. I'll find out though.

That sounds great, send me your material to my mail address aristagon13 (at) yahoo . de
    After I saw your material I will write you an detailed feedback, how I can make your map.

I can't figure out how to change the prefix on this thread, but it's taken. Thanks everyone.

Ok, thank you for offer. I realy do like your Miniatures and I am also very excited to take part in your project.