Thread: Original Table Top Roleplaying Game Map draft

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Map Original Table Top Roleplaying Game Map draft

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0347.jpg 
Views:	812 
Size:	548.1 KB 
ID:	42759

I really need a scanner lol. This is the rough draft 1 of the first layer of the world I am creating for my book. Still not too good, but it's getting better. At least I think so lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0347.jpg 
Views:	1064 
Size:	529.7 KB 
ID:	42758  

Name:	IMAG0353.jpg 
Views:	2408 
Size:	701.7 KB 
ID:	42839

A re-done version of the first one.

Hey that's pretty neat! It's nice to see some more hand-drawn work. Great job Shane.

Cheers,
    -Arshesh

Nice work shane! I usually do my work on paper first. So I love seeing someone else use traditional materials. The light source and shadows all seem to be correct. Great job.

Thanks much. I realize now though that my problem, the real reason I dislike the map, is the fact that I want the world to seem imposing in scale to the player. The world itself is actually half of a planets surface ripped from it's core and spread flat; due to an advanced alien species meddling with the elements. I am working on a more appropriate scaled version with a lot more terrain detail, but it's gonna take sooo long. and I am horribly impatient lol. Wish me luck.

I wish you luck! I hand draw all my maps and still find myself wanting. (some of the skills others on this site have!)
    Thanks for sharing.

Name:	IMAG0370.jpg 
Views:	2986 
Size:	670.9 KB 
ID:	43081

Here is my latest attempt at one third of the world my RPG takes place in. Keep in mind there is no ocean, the continent floats freely in space, with it's light source dead center above it (I am aware the lighting is off, working on it). between the light source and the land is another set of floating islands.

Name:	IMAG0365.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	548.5 KB 
ID:	43082

As well I am sure you've noticed that my water flows oddly and that there is no geological sense to the landscape. This is as well due to a section of the worlds story. All of the elements in the world are out of control and do pretty much whatever they chose. Water even flows up in some instances.

Please. Any advice about the way my trees, mountains, water and escarpments are done do not hesitate to let me know. I am open to all forms of advice, even criticism. Thank you.

Looks so nice man! It's funny cause I got those same magnets on my fridge. Keep up the good work, I love your style.

I love the mountains! They're like buried little garden gnomes