Thread: Underdark map

Default Underdark map

im not entirely sure if this is the correct place to put this question.

At the moment i am running a 4 player d&d campaign which have taken a trip to underdark (not voluntarily hehehe)

and the biggest challenge i face is getting maps for all kinds of encounters be they random or prepared in advance. so far i have staved off the monotony with maps people have shared on the internet or people sharing map tiles which you can mix and match together to create maps.

what i am wondering is if anyone know of any good underdark/cave system battlemaps which could be used in a d&d game or perhaps a set of tiles which you could mix together to easily creating my own.

part of the reason i started working on my own map and joining this community is because of the difficulty finding maps for this particular setting and keeping them interesting as far as the game is concerned. the issue is largely that creating maps is time consuming work so i have devoted my time in the effort of creating one large map that will signify the end of the underdark section.

any help would be much appreciated
    thanks in advance
    -leo

Leonidas, Rpgnow/Onebookshelf is an excellent place to look for battlemaps and geomorphs. Crooked Staff Publishing has a book of cave geomorphs at The Little Book of Dungeons: Cave Geomorphs - Crooked Staff Publishing | Dungeon Maps | RPGNow.com. Then there's 0onegames.com, whose products can also be found at rpgnow. From underground drow cities, to encounter, cave, and dungeon maps, I would be surprised if you didn't find something you could use. Another option is Ed Bourelle's Skeletonkey games. His work is quite good, modular, and excellent for printing out, you can find it at RPGNow.com - SkeletonKey Games - The Leading Source for Indie RPGs. And last, but certainly not least, go to images.google.com and type in "cave battle map" or "underdark battle map" and see what you get--I don't think you'll be disappointed

If you use the search function for Cavern there are some great maps by a lot of people.

One of our members, Madcowchef, has an incredible series of free map tiles on his DeviantArt Gallery. He has hundreds of cavern map tiles and above ground ones. He has a lot of larger ones that he sells on Roll20, but the free ones are a great resource.
    Here is the Link to his gallery: Free Map Tiles by Madcowchef on deviantART

Also on DeviantArt is the official Menzoberranzan map by another member Mike Schley
    Here is the link for that:http://www.deviantart.com/art/Menzoberranzan-328785828
    Last edited by Bogie; 10-06-2014 at 11:52 AM.

I got a bunch of links which i have overlooked in my map searches and i think this will sufficient for until they move out of underdark.
    I will upload my own map when it is complete, but at the moment its just a bunch of tiles and textures hehe.

And that Menzoberranzan map is amazing!, will have to use that for one of my major Drow settlements in the vicinity of the party as a handout.

Thank you both, it was very useful
    -Leo