Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 19]The Gallant Coast.

NymTevlyn

Cool, thanks!

Guild Novice

Well, it would appear that NymTevlyn was been banned shortly after taking over here, and since no else seems to be working on this area, it would give me something interesting to do after I finish my current project. Any objections? I can't guarantee it won't be amateur hour to start, but I'm a quick study.

-JTV

Go for it, mate! Be good to her, though, she's suffered neglect and needs lots of love .

Guild Novice

I'll do my best! Thanks!

-JTV

So how's this one coming? Any WIPs for us yet?

-IG

Guild Novice

Not just yet - I've been traveling and finishing up some other things. I should have something to post up within the next few weeks though.

Guild Novice

Okay, so I finally have some free time to get something done with this, and I am hoping to have a WIP by the end of this coming weekend. There's just one question I have before I start, and prepare yourself because this is probably obvious to people who have been here longer.

Ready?

Okay, here goes: Where do I get the original height map file? Do I need to use what su_liam's posted (there's nothing wrong with that, I just have a different direction in mind)? I was hoping to start from the ground up, but I'm not really clear where the ground is here, so any help would be most welcome.

On a side note, I also wanted to change the Region's name to "The Gallant Coast." Should I make a new thread, or can someone edit this one?
    Last edited by JonathonVolkmer; 09-08-2010 at 02:37 PM.

I have my thoughts, but I'll reserve them until you hear from a community leader for answers to your questions. What I will say, however, is that before you change too much, you should first check the wiki to ensure that whatever changes you make won't impact other areas. Namely, and page that references "The Boroughs" would have to be changed to reference the new name instead. Just something to think about.

-IG

The original heightfield came from NeonKnight's Fractal Terrains file. Redrobes has been providing the high res images we've been working from.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Blog Entries

Here you go. You may need to adjust the brightness etc

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast