Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Region 1][Map 19]The Gallant Coast.

Guild Novice

Muchas gracias to everyone for the responses - those are gorgeous RedRobes, I can't wait to get started now!

Pertaining to the possibility of a name change, The Boroughs appears to be referenced only 4 times, at the top of this page, the second sentence of this page, on its own page which remains blank, and in the alt text of the overview image. It doesn't appear to have interacted much with the histories of either of those regions, at least not for the last thousand years or so. Is there anyone specific I need to direct this request to?

Blog Entries

Cheers, I'll change the title then since su-liam has seen the post and handed it off. Personally I am glad there is interest in the CWBP and would like to get behind anyone who wants to keep pushing it further so long as it generally fits in with the neighborhood.

I'm likewise pleased to see some interest. I'm looking forward to getting my personal time back so that I can finally contribute some more. Art school is hard work!

I'll make an effort to keep track of this thread, so if you have anything to discuss concerning the relationship of the Gallant Coast to Tawaren, I'll be listening. At the moment, the only trade route between the two areas appears to be down the Stoutwater river to the hallows in Lake Medre. The mountains are sparsely inhabited by semi-nomadic hillfolk who have relatively free reign over the northern parts of the range, since the plague wiped out much of the competition. The hillfolk may be related to the Stoutlings, but their culture is considerably different. There are likely numerous stone monuments throughout the mountains. The significance and function of these monuments is yet to be determined, although at least some of them serve navigational and ceremonial functions for the nomads.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Novice

Well that all sounds good midgardsormr, and I might have a few ideas about the monuments down the road. For now, the only thing I've decided for sure is that the coast line will be largely dominated by the Galapagos, giant turtle people. They are descended from nomadic outcasts from the deep ocean, and have to to Ansium seeking asylum and a new life. Their society is largely divided into rigid castes, and while they wear little clothing their shells are decorated heavily with ornate and sometimes magical tattoos. Any more detail will have to wait until after I actually have a map.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234