Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wondering

Default Wondering

Shortly after I joined we had a challenge to map out an existing area from the CWBP. I was wondering if any of those entries were added to the CWBP. Mine was just a top down view of an area of town and was back when I was seriously new to GIMP so it wasn't much for greatness. Still, I was thinking that more challenges might be able to be incorporated into the CWBP if we do things right. Is there any reason not to? Obviously, I wouldn't want all our challenges to be about the CWBP because it does limit what you do but every now and then it might be help breathe a little more life into it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

never even watched that thread as I have a hard enough time to find time for my own maps - but the idea isn't bad
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

We try to get some CWBP challenges in but this year has seen a bunch of other cool challenges come down the pipe and then, after that, we try to take from the suggestion box.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Realizing that I am a bit late to the party... is it not possible that there have been fewer CWBP-themed challenges of late due to the rumored revisions to the CWBP itself? Personally, I don't think it would take a huge spark to relight the fire under this thing, but that may just be me.

-IG

Is there something going on that I've missed? I haven't been as active here lately as I used to be (lots of schoolwork), but I hadn't heard any of these rumors.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Is there something going on that I've missed? I haven't been as active here lately as I used to be (lots of schoolwork), but I hadn't heard any of these rumors.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...104-Milestones

Thanks. I guess I'd seen those first couple of postings but hadn't kept up with the thread.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

The forum upgrade has been the main work done....I'd really like to see the CWBP (or some other related concept) do more. It would be nice to get some sort of living game type thing going there.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

This whole CWBP thing sounds cool to me, and I've never actually bothered/understood how to contribute to it. If there is going to be a fresh wind at it, I'm game

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    It would be nice to get some sort of living game type thing going there.
    What do you mean ravells? Are we talking about making up a history and then gradually mapping out those events and the repercussions? Are you talking about a roleplay via formum posts type thing that results in same OR are you meaning to have Gamemasters conducting actual RP games to give it life? Maybe you thinking of something else entirely? I think this came up once before and misunderstood what you were getting at but I want to chew on it mentally and see if I can help.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast