Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bozya: Trials of the Demiurges [WIP]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bozya5.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	849.1 KB 
ID:	42890

A close up - the snowy peaks are finished. This is the 1:1 view, while I mostly work zoomed in to 300%. That's good news, because it means I could print this out as a 200 dpi poster at about 60cm2.

Sankt Atum,
    Thoughts of the Vorga, 3:2:
    Having discussed the three precepts and the axiomatic philosophy, we have covered the integrated mythopoetic background of the Vorga, fore-masters of the Voradreya. This grounding lets us proceed to the writings of the Kazim Atom-breakers whose experimentation with elevated stress profiles of rare ores led them discover the fascinating parallel between the mythopoesis of the imperfect creation and the fundamental discontinuity of natural law discovered at small scales and environmental conditions highly distinct from our conscious perception. The technological problems posed by these discontinuities are not trifling.
    Thoughts of the Vorga, 4:33:
    All studies of the mineral transformation of biological elements post-mortem and subject to environmental action seem to complement the outlandish tales of the False Histories, which claim the existence of mineral forms of living and long-dead organisms discovered in the rocks. "The dragons were dead," say the False Histories (cf. FH,III:279-280, the Sankt Dewurm Compilation), "we saw their stone bones in the rocks. We relegated the monsters to our fantasy and our subconscious. What were they but phantasms of our minds?" As we know, the monsters are real, but the experiments and studies do not lie: something is wrong with the rocks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bozya6.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1,004.7 KB 
ID:	43175

Yay, shadows painted on the mountains! The water, meanwhile, is not to my taste. I'll change that eventually, just painting the continental shelves and so forth with a small brush. Or just leave it blank.

(From the wealth of comments-to-views I get the feeling like everyone's nodding along, "coming along nicely, sure, let's not spoil his mood by trying to motivate him to draw more stuff!" )
    Last edited by Lukc; 03-18-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    (From the wealth of comments-to-views I get the feeling like everyone's nodding along, "coming along nicely, sure, let's not spoil his mood by trying to motivate him to draw more stuff!" )
    Yep, pretty much.

This looks very good! And i totally dig the inworld fiction. But i'd also really like to read a summary in the "author's voice" about this world. Where are you going with this?
    Have some rep!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Let's say that I'm building up to the author's voice summary along with the mapping . But I'll manage a short pre-summary.

Horgen the Holy,
    The Fragments, 2:10-22, (Note: some scholars believe the original text has been modified by subsequent generations of scribes from pre-existing fragments and with some poetic license)
    bread - two,
    milk - one life,
    vegetables - some,
    meat, fish, whatever - some,
    man - one,
    soul - many,
    And Horgen the Holy spake unto his disciple, Joffa the Wife, "You [he] know,
    I've been thinking about faeries, trolls, the scary things.
    We know time flows only one way, for so hath been revealed,
    but what if that's only our perception under most circumstances?
    For we are but feeble creatures, not of the ken of the Almighty,
    whereas under extreme circumstances, when the Almighty reveals
    miracles, like the creation of a pocket universe or at the edges of a
    singularity, Almighty praised be His name. What if there you get memories
    and consciousness, and yay, the eternal soul, propagating outside
    of the arrow of time? What if our myths aren't memories, but garbled
    precognitions of some horrible nightmare daemons out of time, created
    by the Vorgas, defilers of the name of the almighty, some thing that
    happens, was done in the future?"
    Unto which responded his desciple, Joffa, called the Wife for he
    was kind and loyal and subordinate to Horgen, "Truth be what you speak,
    wise Horgen."