Thread: Need black and white Victorian era map for book

Post Need black and white Victorian era map for book

Below is a drawing for a black and white map I need for a book--size of page is 8.5 x 5.5. The era of the map is Victorian, and marks the journey of the character on a path. There are two towns, and the rest is woods and hills and a river. The scale of the map is a four-day journey of walking. The drawing provided below is general, but will need more details, including highlighting two homes by making them larger than the others. Those two homes will each have to have a steeple on them. We actually have Profantasy, but our difficulty is finding homes that are consistent with the Victorian era, plus a lack of skill. I will pay for the map, but I need to see what the person can do. Below is my email address to contact me, which has been altered as suggested so as to keep from being spammed. I like quality work that will be an asset to this self-published book.

Gary

garynaler--at--earthlink.net
    (remove the -- and convert "at" to @)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Purity map.jpg 
Views:	707 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	42780

Post Need black and white Victorian era map for book: Any Victorian images of homes?

We are trying to design a simple black and white map for a 5.5 x 8.5 book that is Victorian era. It has to show the path of the journey of a character. We bought Profantasy to attempt to make it, but there are no homes that look Victorian. Are Victorian images available anywhere? I would pay someone to make this map. Here is my email to contact me, disguised to avoid spamming.

garynaler -- at -- earthlink.net
    (remove -- & replace "at" with @)

Here is a drawing of what we need. You will see there are two small cities:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Purity map.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	42790

Welcome and thank you for your interest in finding a cartographer here.

We do have a Map making Request thread with a sticky at the top explaining the kind of details that are helpful in finding someone who can do this for you.
    I'm sure an Admin will come along and move this soon to that area of the site but you may want to take a look at the sticky and make any adjustments to speed things along.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Some examples of maps in the style your request should look like would be great fo us to see which directions to go.