Thread: Need a realistic earth like map for fantasy setting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Need a realistic earth like map for fantasy setting

Hello there,

I am a game designer and I need a map(actually more than one) to use as base for the plot history of some games.

The map I want is a geographical look-alike of earth's map, with a little bit larger planet and slightly more landmass. I am seeking more of a geographically/geologically/climate realistic map than a necessarily very artsy for my first commission. It will be used as a base for history writing, and won't show up at first anywhere (if you want to do it artistically we can work the price too)

Then I will commission "detailed zoom" versions of the continents and such, with a more artistic approach. Whenever it comes to art styles, it would be anything close to medieval fantasy.

I am looking for a realistic geography that might occur on Earth: continents, archipelagos and such. Given its a world map at first it wont have much river and mountain range details yet, I think, then on detailed regions we can do it.

I don't have yet the minimum 5 posts to be messaged directly, so if you need to contact me directly or any other info, do so at guilnunes "at" gmail.com (at = @) or post here in the forum

I am not sure yet about how much a map would cost and please correct me if my offer is far too low: U$100 or more for the first geographical map (more for more artistically detailed ones).

Again, there will be a world map at first, then I will later ask for new commissions detailing versions of the continents or even "zoom closer" to areas of interest.

I will need the right to use the map for commercial purposes, it wont need a print version, and I would appreciate help defining the scale and good payment rates. I don't need it urgently.

Thanks in advance,

Guilherme Nunes
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 03-13-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Weird, no responses here on the Board? I am interested and sended an email.

Hello mr. Schwarzkreuz! And also the cartography community.

Though the forum here is empty, my mail box was full of excellent proposals, I want to thank you all, really.

I will now change this to taken.

My best regards and keep up the good work.

Hello there, this one is taken.

Thank you all very much!