View Poll Results: What are the tools of your choice?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traditional only

1 10.00%
  • Digital only

2 20.00%
  • Traditional Drawings integrated in Digital Workflow

6 60.00%
  • Mix Media, including Photography or Satelit images

2 20.00%
  • something else

2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Pen VS Digital

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Question Pen VS Digital

A simple and straigh forward Question. What do you prefer? Traditional Tools or the Digital Wunderkammer. Do you prefer the feel of real handdrawn signs and labels or digital created material. What are the benefacts in digital Working and traditional ways and where do you see your stand somewhere in between?

"ctrl+z" is the big benefit of digital work. It breaks the arrow of time for the artist. On the other hand, it may also be a handicap ...

I first learned art on a traditional medium, but once I started using photoshop and a tablet and I saw how realistic you can make your results I just use photoshop for all my digital renderings. I still do sketches and such on paper for concepts if i am away from my comp, but I enjoy all the benefits that come with the digital medium. You can easily fix mistakes, it costs less in the long run since you dont have to keep buying paint, pencils, paper, canvas, etc., and when youre finished there is no mess to clean up
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson