Thread: The small Village of Adabastrium

Guild Novice Facebook Connected David Corsalini's Avatar

Post The small Village of Adabastrium

The small village of Adabastrium, in the Everoak Forest. The Nastrills and the Giteaus enstablished there when they found a deposit of Adabastrium, a metal hard as iron and with alabaster-like patterns. Nastrills were miners, while Giteaus were blacksmiths. Afterwards the Wookcook, a farmer's family, enstablished in the nearby. Some foreigners later enstablished their homes in Adabastrium, hit by the cleaningness of the village and the continuous coming and going of visitors.
    Nowaday the comunity is rich and lead by the 3 houseolders from the Inn of the Lucky Miner.

This is a "complete" work, ready to be used in a session with my group.

Step 1: hand-drawn map: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	430.6 KB 
ID:	42900

Step 2: scanned image and redrawn using photoshop: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strano Villaggio footprint.png 
Views:	332 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	42901

Step 3: 2d to 3d with sketchup: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strano Villaggio 3D.png 
Views:	552 
Size:	304.8 KB 
ID:	42902

Step 4: final version, with 2d and 3d together and a legend: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3206226/Adabastrio%20(1).jpg

If I will go over this project again i will add the icons to the actual map (non only the legend), but for now i think it's enough.

THE STORY:
    Pcs will arrive late in the town and will go to the Inn for a bed. The mourning after they will leave the village, but after a few time they will arrive at the town again. Something is causing the village to be in a parallel universe that has the shape of a sphere. It work like the town in the recent fringe episode. PCs will have to investigate to find what's holding Adabastrium in this spherical universe. (hint: i really like Carrie)
    Last edited by David Corsalini; 03-09-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Looks like most of your attachments went kaput, would love to see them though.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected David Corsalini's Avatar

Edited the first post with working attachments.