Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April Entry: The Wreck of the Pedeuna Sesitora

Post April Entry: The Wreck of the Pedeuna Sesitora

My shtick with this entry is that it's a map of the area of an ancient sea battle too place in. Somewhere in the area is the wreck of a warship that contains the MacGuffin. The only clues to the location of the wreck are contained within the recently re-discovered eyewitness account of one of the wreck's survivors.

Right now, I've only put together the base map and the hex grid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Wreck of The Pedeuna Sesitora.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	3031  
    Last edited by RobA; 04-09-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Removed the latest wip marker

I love how you played up the 'Secret' aspect of the challenge. Wow, I mean try and find your way there! Its perfect!

Sigurd

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I love how you played up the 'Secret' aspect of the challenge. Wow, I mean try and find your way there! Its perfect!

Sigurd
    Hah hah. Yes. This is totally my final entry.

All you need to do is add some grid references and then we can take turns to pick a spot to search.

What do we win if we find the wreck?

Quote Originally Posted by SpamValiant View Post
    All you need to do is add some grid references and then we can take turns to pick a spot to search.

What do we win if we find the wreck?
    An invisible and intangible pile of gold, of course. And XP.

And here's the water redone with some cool plasma effects. I've seen this effect used on a couple of maps and have always wanted to use it on one of mine.

Name:	The Wreck of The Pedeuna Sesitora 002.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	3033  
    Last edited by RobA; 04-09-2008 at 11:02 PM. Reason: removed the latest WIP marker

In that case, it has to be perched on the edge of the lighter area. With the luck of the typical adventurer the wreckage is perched on the edge swaying with the current.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasim View Post
    In that case, it has to be perched on the edge of the lighter area. With the luck of the typical adventurer the wreckage is perched on the edge swaying with the current.
    Heh heh. Well, I'm sure there'll be at least another iteration of the plasma map before I settle on one I like. Besides, I'm not entirely convinced that the colors should map to depth. Too realistic for my tastes since I'm thinking of this in terms of a fantasy map.

Hah hah.

Maybe I should re-title this one, "The Hunt For The Red October."

Here's a re-jigger of the plasma map. Barring disaster or inspiration, I'll be sticking with this for my base map. If I get far enough along with the rest of it, I may go back and try to figure out how to make it look more like something that was painted.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	The Wreck of The Pedeuna Sesitora 003.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	246.2 KB 
ID:	3037  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast