Thread: February/March 2012 Lite Challenge Entry: Mystic's Terrace

Default February/March 2012 Lite Challenge Entry: Mystic's Terrace

So I finally had some time this weekend and decided to throw something together after all, no matter how bad I draw.

A little background info: Mystic's Terrace was first formed many hundreds of years ago. The cobblestone form around the waters was laid down first, and then the rivers were released. The Kothalu Tribe has made this place sacred, and their mystics, elders, and shamans go here as a place for meditation. The area is known to have a significant effect on one's ability to channel magical energies, making it an important landmark for the tribe. However, there is more too this place than you see at first glance.

The legend is that from Mystic's Terrace you can discover the location of a great treasure. There is a riddle that notes:
    "To see what is lost, one must look with different eyes. Take in the waters of vision, and see what else lies. Follow the path below the gaping mouth, and seek your prize."

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mystic's Terrace 2.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	42954

(Bear with my on-the-spot creativeness for a magical explanation) The secret here is that one must drink the waters from the pool, while sitting on the red set of runes. Doing this will give one a different sight of the area - upside down. Seeing upside down, the cave or 'gaping mouth' now appears above a path of runes, instead of below, while the rest of the area seems perfectly normal. It is this path of runes that one must then follow (if one knows what the runes mean). After, drinking the waters upon the blue set of runes will return oneself back to normal sight.

So basically, this map can be inverted and be viewed upside down, and, the real 'map' is actually the rune path. There are a few details missing in the image that without, some things just aren't right, but if they were added the image would lose its ability to be seen upside down as another normal picture.
    Last edited by Engris; 03-11-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Good Idea, but bad attachment. Try posting it again.

Odd, worked fine for me. Does it work for you now?

Yes, it seems fine now, must have just been the Matrix resetting itself. Nice work.

Just a proof to show this 'map'-in-a-map can be viewed upside down and not look odd

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mystic's Terrace  (Reversed).jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	43091

It's awesome how you were able to get this effect. I don't know if there is still time, but I would suggest getting rid of the "creases" in the waterfalls - I think it would sell the effect even more.