Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Risk Board

I agree with timallen, it looks great just the lines could be brought out.

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

That's a really nice Risk-type map. I agree with Timallen and Heintzer about making the contiguous lines more prominent, so that they stand out with more visual impact.

The map, itself, features subdued colors, and the new province names provide a fresh departure from the standard fare Risk map. Imagination in the form of unique province names is always a plus, I think.

The key, itself, doesn't distinguish the map much, in terms of how many armies does control of each respective continent provide. But, that's a relatively minor nitpick, since emulating Risk is a basic goal.

The oceans provide a nice visual touch, enhancing the overall look of the map. The border works well with the map, also.

Slylok I do love this map and the idea. I'm a big fan of Risk though not so much the new board so drawing your own is a great idea. Do you have any ideas for how you're going to print it out and mount it for play?

I've also had the dream of drawing a big risk map on a wall and painting over it with Idea Paint Clear Dry Erase Whiteboard Paint for Home, School, and Work | IdeaPaint so it's then possible to play a game of Risk using white board pens.

Very creative, interesting names for your map as well.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

This looks awesome! I wish I could learn more about the world behind it.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Thordred's Avatar

I think this is a wonderful idea and map. Really nice.

Thanks a lot everyone! I'm glad you like this one.

Do you have any ideas for how you're going to print it out and mount it for play?
    I had planned on taking it down to the print shop and then gluing it to a board made of three sections of hard cardboard, fabric, and glue. Your idea sounds a lot more fun. I may do that when I get my own man cave.
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Hey Slylok, great work on the map - was wondering if you could message me about doing some work for a small game project, pm or send email : chris at logicwell dot com.

Guild Journeyer

Hello:
    It looks wonderful. I do agree the lines need to be made easier; however at full scale printint it might not need it.

Tracker

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

HIreally like your risk fantsy map would it be ok to use it on a game site that I play on thanks contack me at facebook rick and denise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast