Thread: The Guild needs a "Public Relations" Person.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Guild needs a "Public Relations" Person.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Cartographers' Guild,

We need a Public Relations person to handle all of our, well, public relations bits! I figured it best to go to the community to look for one, that way anyone can step up, not just a CL. We're looking for someone who is active or at least aware of the daily activity that takes place site-wide, and is able to devote some time almost daily to scouring the community for interesting tid-bits and promoting those tid-bits to the rest of the community. This will involve making posts and promoting threads to the front "news/articles" page of the site, promoting and encouraging the use of the guilds blog feature, checking the PR email address (soon to be publicized), and managing the guilds' social networks (currently twitter, facebook, and google+).

In addition to being active and aware of what's going on here, we'd also like the PR Rep to be active or aware of what's going on outside of the Guild in the world of mapping and gaming, and anything that is posted elsewhere by other sites related to mapping or even our own industry professionals gets cross-posted or reposted on our front page and social networks.

If this sounds like a job you'd be willing to help us out with, please email me at press @ cartographersguild.com or PM me through the site with a pitch for yourself and why you'd like to volunteer for this position. If you'd like more information, you may post in this thread or email me directly.
    Last edited by Robbie; 04-05-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not even a nibble? This position will include a CL promotion.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

he he...now you are just going for the bribes..

I am guessing that you have already pitched the idea to the existings CLs...right?

I wouldn't mind.....if I was able to spend more than a couple of hours on the web....I DO hope you find somebody, 'cause this site deserves someone who is raising the flag everywhere they can
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

I would love to help this way, but I think I would probably just suck at it terribly - hence, a dash of skepticism on my appropriateness for the post!

Some folks learn to swim by being tossed into the deep end.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I have this sinking feeling all of a sudden ...