Thread: New here!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

Default New here!

Hey, gang.

I'm new here and can't believe I haven't noticed this forum sooner. I love creating worlds, but cartography is a bit newer for me. I've dabbled in it before, but I've gotten to the point where I actually really want to learn how to create good, detailed, imaginative maps. I'm looking into getting Campaign Cartographer, and probably City Designer and some of the annual packs as well. I'm sure I'll have questions and I'm looking forward to reading about what the rest of you do with your passion.

-Joshua

A blinding flash of light momentarily disorients you as you step through the Cartographers’ Guild Portal. Your blurred vision begins to clear and as it does you notice that you are surrounded by maps. Big maps, little maps, new maps and old maps. There are city maps, world maps, and even treasure maps. As you survey your surroundings your gaze becomes fixed on the Guild Leader --Arcana, who is busy speaking with RobA and several of the Guild Veterans who are huddled around an ornate floor globe. Suddenly his eyes shift to you and he shouts

“Glad you could join us Joshua.. Welcome to the Cartographers’ Guild!”

-Lailokken
    A man shows who he is, by what he does, with what he has.

And then a strange looking man comes up eating a potato and says,

"GOOD MORNING! WELCOME TO THE CARTOGRAPHER'S GUILD!"

And then he walks a way, continuing on his potato.

A blinding flash of light reappears and snatches the potato from the strange man's hand and then blinks out of existence..:: you hear a trailing echo that murmurs :: "ummm.. good potato!"
    A man shows who he is, by what he does, with what he has.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

This seems like a fun bunch of people. I haven't been posting much at all because I'm still really new to cartography, and I'm exploring the different softwares and tutorials around, including simply lurking and seeing what people do. But thanks for the fun welcome.