Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Fishing Area

Default Our Fishing Area

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RDT Brosura 2012_itafra_zadnja plat.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	489.4 KB 
ID:	43241

And this is the last page of the reason I've been very quiet on this forum for the last two weeks or so. Unbelievable how much work a decent brochure can entail!

A serious map from me, for a change. This is a map of our fly-fishing area along with several of our "partner" hotels - I.E. some of the places that sell our fishing permits and were decent enough to contribute financially to our brochure.

čudovit! fantastico!

Is that brochure in Italian or Slovenian? Both?

Regardless, that is a very well done map. Very crisp and clean, exactly what I would want in a parks and fishing hand map.

It's in Italian and French, actually - but the last page is mostly identical in both versions: the German/English and the Italian/French. However, now you've reminded me ... I have to get the credits translated! There's just so much fiddling before something like this is finished, it's ridiculous . Once it's done, you hand it off to the printer's and then hope it all turns out fine, so you don't end up with piles of typo-ridden material

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RDT Brosura 2012_itafra_v3_back cover.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	544.1 KB 
ID:	43246

Ok ... fixed what I noticed Tx Wannabehero!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Oh man, you make me envious. This is a great use of Infographics on map.

Thanks Schwarzkreuz I'm still learning how to do it optimally, but it's one of my favourite kinds of design projects. Making something that actually carries useful information.

And I just noticed that I have to fix two phone numbers. You'd think typos get noticed and corrected in projects like this ... but they don't.

Superb work, Lukc. Really clear (to the extent that I don't read Slovene - except for catch & release! ). The only thing I'd suggest is to run the colours through a colour blindness checker like this one. Also, if it's mean to be a freebee and you want people to photocopy it, then check to see it works as a photocopy. If it's not meant to be a freebee and not photocopied then use colours that won't work on a photocopy!

That's a pretty nifty colour blindness tool! fortunately I'm colour-blind myself, so it will only look strange to those weird tritanopes. But the colour-coding isn't essential to the information anyway, it's just there to make it easier to distinguish between individual locations.

It's actually going into print on a brochure, so I doubt it'll see photocopying. Cyans are the ones that get photocopiers all muddle up, right?

Yeah, I think it is. Wasn't that the reason why the D&D old school maps were printed using that blue ? So they didn't photocopy well? I wonder whether photocopiers have come on since then though.

Blue copies fine on a copier. Actually its in the darkroom for printer cameras where blue is used as it doesn't show in camera work.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast