Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: March Challenge Entry - The Land of Danor

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Default March Challenge Entry - The Land of Danor

Yeah... so I took one more look at it and just could not go with that water... still not 100% happy but it did make a nice border.

I have been playing with the image size too. Trying to figure out what the best viewing distance is to get the most out of it, without being too close.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black&White8.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	43195  
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Very striking map. I suspect that the dominance of the sea/ocean pattern will be a talking point. I really like it. It is dominant but it 'fits' with the overall style really well.

I really like this map. But unless the land formations are going to be cut off at the box border, their should be a little more distance between the land and the edge of the box. Otherwise, the map is great!

Default Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks y'all

I have had quite the time with the water area but from the start I was hoping for a dominant sea to pull your eyes to the land. The "negative white space" if you will. I do need to fix the edge of the land touching the boarder... good call dangerdog15!

I will post an update soon... I was distracted by my work on the "UnderKeep".
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I like this quite a bit... I did the same thing with the patterning in the oceans and found the effect too overwhelming. The only remnant of it that survived on my map is in the title box.

Default March Challenge Entry - The Land of Danor

Just a quick update to fix the centering problem... I have been trying some other shadow effects but nothing I like so no need to boar all of you with that :-)

I would like to add more and different structures/towns but I am not much for drawing... I will do some more test as see what happens.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Black&White9.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.93 MB 
ID:	43237  

Map March Challenge Entry - The Land of Danor

Well, this has been a learning experience for me and I must say that it was hard to stay motivated to finish once some of the other maps started coming together :-)

I have added some details and made a custom compass rose. I am not sure if I am finished or not... I would like to do more but at the same time I like the way it looks as it is now.

For now, this is the...

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Black&White10.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	43312  

Wow, very nice final map! And the Underkeep is looking great.

I didn't get around to commenting before, but I really like your trees and the various bits and bobs. There isn't really anything to add to a map like this and I think it's a good idea to stop when you're done <-- advice I don't always follow myself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast