View Poll Results: Please vote for 1 entry

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: *** February/March Challenge VOTING - Inversions ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default *** February/March Challenge VOTING - Inversions ***

This month's challenge was all about the unusual - taking familiar concepts and turning them on their head. Here's the challenge brief:

This could be a map of a landmass the shape of the Mediterranean with the sea of Europe to the north, and the ocean of Africa to the south. It could be map of the dwellings of the earthgliding Xorn that live and move in solid rock, but cannot travel through the open spaces of the dungeon. It could simply be a map of the world where north points to the bottom of the page.

For this challenge - think about what familiar conventions we rely on in maps and mapmaking. Pick one of them and turn it on its head and see what results. Don't be afraid to experiment and try a few things before settling on your map - this is an exercise in challenging the viewers assumptions (and your own).
    Check out the entries here:

Please vote for your one favourite entry - and remember to rep those you vote for. The winner will receive a silver lite compass and bragging rights. Good luck to all the entrants!

Congrats Troedel, Great Map!

Congratulations and good job by everyone.

I didn't have time to post when I voted but I wanted to say it took me a long time this round. I wanted to make sure I understood the "Inversion" that each person created in their map before I voted on whatever I thought looked the best. In the end I chose the one that to me addressed the challenge entry the best and in a way that bent the rules the most without getting too ridiculous. It was a tough call though I have to admit.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Congratulations to all the participants! I had a lovely idea, but lacked the time for a good execution. So much more good cheer for you as won.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Congrats to Troedel on an excellent win, and a well deserved silver compass.