Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice needed concerning a fantasy map and the courses of rivers :)

Agreed on both of loogie's critiques: river looks like it's going through a mountain range so make the mountain range look shorter (I fixed this in the attached image), and rivers need more meanders and oxbows where crossing the plains.

One more thing: watersheds. You've got two obvious watersheds here, marked in red and yellow on the attached map, one going west and the other southeast; so far so good. The river that originates in the basin that I've marked in turquoise, though, is giving me trouble. It looks like it ought to go into the yellow watershed because mountain range B currently looks like it's lower, but it goes into the red one. So I'd change one of two things: either erase part of mountain range A and make B look higher so that the river flowing west out of the basin makes sense, or switch that river so that it flows east into the big one that drains to the bay.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	43281

Guild Novice

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your help Everyone gave me some really good advice, I try to make the necessary changes to my map as soon as I can

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12