Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Madness at Gardmore Abbey Encounter Maps

Quote Originally Posted by ithildin View Post
    Do you have any advice on printing these? I'm not sure how to split them up into pages for home printing and I don't want to spend $20 on each one for a poster from FedEx
    I use Photoshop to split them into multiple pages.

Awesome! Just found this link and it looks like exactly what I need: http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/

Also, did you ever make maps of the other encounters? And what was your opinion DM'ing Gardmore Abbey? I just started it.

Also, did you ever make maps of the other encounters? And what was your opinion DM'ing Gardmore Abbey? I just started it.

The group I started it with was a bit of a disaster, hence the hiatus on the maps. Since then, I have restarted the adventure with one of the existing group and four new players. It's going well so far - I really like this module. I will get to the other maps in due course, when my players are nearer to those parts.

These are some of the better battle maps I've seen! Great job on these, have some rep.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice

yeah man nice work

Whoa, these are quite nice man. Great work! I might even use them myself one of these days if I ever get around to running some game sessions that require anything like these.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Those maps are downright incredible! I'm reduced to staring in slack jawed awe.

All these kind comments have inspired me to continue this series - I'll be working on the next couple in my WIP thread.

Simply amazing! And the most important thing is (for me) that it's made with GIMP. Amazing!

I added maps 19 & 20 to post 6 on the first page of this thread. These were less successful - I think my walls on map 18 were much better, and I went a bit too heavy on the shadows - that's what happens when I don't get any critiques in the WIP thread. if I was a perfectionist I'd go back and change/improve the maps but I'm not so I won't. I'm not sure how clear it is that map 19 (barracks) is an unroofed structure and map 20 (hall) is roofed. The remaining encounters are all dungeon based ones, so they are much easier to do.
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 05-14-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast