Thread: The World of Tor Risk Board

Map The World of Tor Risk Board

I have been playing risk alot lately with my kids and, while the game never seems to get boring, I thought it would be fun to play on a new map. So here is The World of Tor. It has the same number of continents with the same number of countries that the traditional game of Risk has so there is no need to modify the rules at all. New strategies are sure to arise from this map. There are two spots where you can attack from on the edges of the globe. One going around the equator and one going over the top of the world.

I did it in Photoshop in CMYK so its ready for printing. I plan on printing it up soon and putting it to use. Its full size it 30x19 in. If anyone else is interested, Im happy to share the file. Its about 14MB so skype is probably the best way to send it. Just let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fantasy Risk2.jpg 
Views:	2534 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	43227  
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

This is a fantastic breath of fresh air into an old game. Great execution, looks like it just came out of the box Bravo I would like to see a map with more territories, and see someone with your knowledge of risk make it work.

~Jared

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

Awesome! Check out some of my maps for risk inspired strategy games. Maybe you'll get some more inspiration

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slylok View Post
    I have been playing risk alot lately with my kids and, while the game never seems to get boring, I thought it would be fun to play on a new map. So here is The World of Tor. It has the same number of continents with the same number of countries that the traditional game of Risk has so there is no need to modify the rules at all. New strategies are sure to arise from this map. There are two spots where you can attack from on the edges of the globe. One going around the equator and one going over the top of the world.

I did it in Photoshop in CMYK so its ready for printing. I plan on printing it up soon and putting it to use. Its full size it 30x19 in. If anyone else is interested, Im happy to share the file. Its about 14MB so skype is probably the best way to send it. Just let me know.
    love this. would you mind sharing you files?
    can i use this in some of my art?
    Think a laser cut version of this might look great.

That looks awesome! I keep thinking playing Risk or Diplomacy on different maps would change up the game a little, so that looks like it could fit the bill.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nicely done ... don't like RISK (to much luck) - but I could see Diplomacy perhaps played on a map like this
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise