Thread: World map (and first map)

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wip World map (and first map)

This is a map of the world that my players will discover this week. Hence, there is no cities or installations on the surface (so they think). I'll be adding more as the characters explore...and depending on where they decide to go with the game. I would like any suggestions to improve this, as this is my first map! Hopefully I have done this correctly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-world-map.jpg 
Views:	1099 
Size:	835.1 KB 
ID:	43230  

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Greenland in the southwest and the Himalayas in the southeast, and that could be an amalgamation of south america, africa, and the middle east in that big western continent? at least, going by the mountain ranges and such.
    This cavern is below all, and is the foe of all. It is hatred, without exception. This cavern knows no philosophers; its dagger has never cut a pen. Its blackness has no connection with the sublime blackness of the inkstand. Never have the fingers of night which contract beneath this stifling ceiling, turned the leaves of a book nor unfolded a newspaper.

Actually, I drew the continents freehand, but now that you've pointed that out, I realize I must have drawn Greenland...lol, it never occurred to me that I would do that. I'll have to rethink that part...

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

But if you look at the elevation of different areas, they match up to parts of the earth; the shapes are unique, but the mountains, the topography, is not

Hm...I get what you're saying. I'll scrap it and work on it some more.

Just FYI as you're revising: That's not how mid-ocean ridges work either. They don't run straight into continents except in rifting zones.

Nice.
    Have you tried reprojecting the Arctic and Antarctic continents to check for pinching? Just looking at it, I s'pect you'll have pinchin' up the wah-zoo.

If it's any consolation, it looks cool.