Thread: March Challenge Entry - The Palantaisian Protectorate and Voivodes of Sar Darin

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Wip March Challenge Entry - The Palantaisian Protectorate and Voivodes of Sar Darin

The Palantaisian Protectorate emerges sixhundred years ago from the remnants of the colapsing Dirun Tradeempire. Inner conflicts and an alliance of the rival nations had been an constant threat to the naval forces of Dirun. Hightly fast expanded through it immense and advanced Sea-Force, they spreaded there Armies on to many frontiers and loosed their advantage. Hordes in the far east overrun the colonies, the Alliance of the Southern freecities lounched a campagne agains the old territories of the Dirun and destroyed it to dust and ruines. In those times some of the northern naval forces decided not to answer the call to an impossible Mission to stop the Alliance. They barricade themself at the Grand Sarahgon Golf and rebuilded the ancient Fortresses of Palant to defend their colonies. A lot of Luck, some old Prophecies, and divine interventions later, the Admiral got the support of the last members of fallen civilisation of Palant and defended the stream of Refugees from the now defunct Colonies. Till now the former colony of Palant develloped into the grand Palantaisian Protectorate, a meltingpot of civillisations and a new center of sciences and innovations.

The Alliance soon broke and the Free Cities resumed their ancient fouds against each other. The Homeland now at waste turned to a far memory of the Protectorate, part history part legend. The other lost colonies who were not willing or able to join the new Protectorate, tried to organised themself into Voivodes, small independent Provincial Realms along the old Dirun Traderoutes. These realms are often ruled by tribal warlords or traderfamilies, heirs to very diferent traditions of Dirun. Rich with natural recources, the managed to kept their Independency and rised to authark nations.

In recent years, a new malice have befallen the free Cities and the sea became unrest. Kurad Fasir, one of the strongest Voivodates, was annihilated by an unknown force. The situation slowly turned into a crisis and the historie seemed to form a new tragedy. Something old, from the days of old Dirun had awaken, something terrible that was never meant to be released.

Well, here are the first set of new forms for teh map, I am not sure to finish something but would like to try.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	betge4__bearbeitet.jpg 
Views:	3036 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	43232  

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Nice, I really like the mystic rocks at the botom. It will be fun to see another map that could be found in the pages of a novel.

Good luck with the map :-)
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Thank you, i will try to so the outlines Today. Well i also have to think about the Water issue. Its Not easy without greytones.

Thank you Ravells.
    Its kind of my Connection to the map. And I dont like the slickness of pure digital lineart, its too smooth. The rough edges and the shaking lines are much more about my personal handwriting than digital. I try to put charakter with this style into my maps.

I have to skip this. I am on a travel now in Vienna and wont find time to make something. but i am sure I would liek to try out mapping these settings. They sounds nice so i will do it anyway with or without challenge.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    That's a real pity. I was really looking forward to see this one come together.
    Ditto from me.