Thread: [WIP] Sandrina - My first real attempt in CC3.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

Wip [WIP] Sandrina - My first real attempt in CC3.

Hello! I just recently joined, and I also just recently purchased CC3 and a couple of ProFantasy's add-ons. I've gone through a light tutorial as well as read up on some other very basic tips, and I've been able to start working on a map.

This map is for a Pathfinder campaign I'm running. I had a previous version that was just a basic hand-drawn sketch, so this is the first attempt at a higher quality map. It's not finished, and I already have some things I want to edit (e.g., the coloring under the northern foresty areas is way too light in my opinion) but I'd like to get some feedback. At this point, I'm running into the issue of trying to balance space and objects. I want to fill the map enough to have it be appealing, but I don't want to cram something into every available space. A lot of the southern area has been left alone for this reason. I kind of wanted to wait til I hear some constructive criticism. The rivers to the south are also bothering me. I wanted more of a network, instead of just one river, but... Something feels off and I can't put a finger on it.

The city/town symbols are varied intentionally. Most fit the same theme, but a couple to the south and again to the southwest are different to represent cultural and design differences. It's kind of a city-state area, so despite the small size, it contains a bit of diversity.

Anyway, just to through it out there, I'm going more for a representation feel instead of a realistic look, but I don't want to use that as a crutch or an excuse. I still want things to belong and make sense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sandrina, 032112.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	799.8 KB 
ID:	43275