Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Region 1][Map 16] Kouver Islands

Hooray! I'm glad to see that in the Challenge frenzy the CWBP has not been forgotten!

Actually, I think - when looking at the paper - that I'm done with most of the map. Witnessed several different handdraw styles and then tried appling or die trying it. ;-)

Okay, my shores are bad, and there are only few "graphic enhancement doodles" on the map, but that's what I tried to convey in the "plot" described. The close-up maps will look more like military maps, I guess... found my old Mil.Service notes on mapping.

Most important are the three magic words: "Not to scale" :-D
    Two in harmony surpass one in perfection

I will - once I get around to scanning it. It will be here, in this post. Hopefully by next week... see, I don't own a scanner, so I have to hike to my brother's place to do so, but my freetime is rather limited. Ach, no apologies. It'll come around, and then the close up maps will follow. I already applied the scaling grid to the grid paper - might get something done tonight...

How to put it... today's your lucky day, Sir Kouver?

First Map we have tonight is the overland map, showing everything. It's almost finished, I just need some advice on how to improve the coastlines, for example.

The Second map is a hand-scaled close up of the Kouver Islands. It'll feature a little more precise detail, as far as detail goes on that scale where 1mm = 3 miles.

The Third map is an even close close-up on the two northern islands, Kunmi and Yanu Island.

Sorry, wasn't able to start on the close-close-up of the southern, "sacred" Island yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc0011df38.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	248.7 KB 
ID:	3958   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc001235bd.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	3959   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kunmiyanu.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	3960  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12