Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, roleplaying games!

Like a few others I started with AD&D 2nd edition back in 1994 or so. After moving back to Slovenia I pretty much single-handedly started pen-and-paper role-playing in my town and I've been a DM for the last 17 years, give or take. In the late 90's we switched to 3rd edition, then there was a bit of a hiatus around when college ended before we started up with 4th edition again. In between we tried Alternity and a few other role-playing systems and home-brews, but D&D in its various forms has lasted the longest for us.

Last year our 4th edition game ground to a halt as the rules and gameplay after about lvl 11 got too slow for our taste. I got my players permission and gutted the 4E system, basically leaving the PCs permanently in the 5th-7th level power bracket. After playtesting and working over the rules we've got a game system with about 6-8 enthusiastic players, games that fly by and we meet probably once every 1-2 weeks. We call the system (B)ASS - (bloody) adventures of sword & sorcery. What started as a joke has thus become our default version of "D&D" (we say it's still D&D - there are d20s, dungeons and dragons. Good enough for us. Actually, I bet any D&D player would understand the system in about 5 minutes.)

Guild Applicant

I'm in the process now, after having an extremely successful departure from traditional D&D and went for more of a Horror, small town campaign structure, of working on a Sci-Fi story where the players are a team sent to investigate a space ship. The story coming along, but I really need some ship layouts to illustrate where they will be and at what point. This site is Fantastic for that. Especially loving the work of user kimey's work, His Sci-Fi grids are fantastic!

I've always found it hard to get a group together, especially in the traditional tabletop sense... I wish there was a good method of finding an rp group around here that i can join... but I'm finding it's really just a word-of-mouth thing.. and with dnd, people tend to keep their mouths shut until they KNOW you are an rper... I often wish there was a sort of rping classifieds website that could help all of us with finding these people and games, and keep us together... I know there are tons of those sites out there, but one universal one would be great.. "dragon"book or something
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool

Blog Entries

I've got an interest but have never managed to put together or hook up with a group for more than a single session. I do have a fair library of GURPS books though.

Personally Myself and my group play an mixture of v2e and 3.5 D&D and I've been working on my own variation game in a more post apocalyptic setting. I've been our group's map collector for the last year when we got tired of playing in the old Ebberon map and started looking for new maps which led me to here

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loogie View Post
    I've always found it hard to get a group together, especially in the traditional tabletop sense... I wish there was a good method of finding an rp group around here that i can join... but I'm finding it's really just a word-of-mouth thing.. and with dnd, people tend to keep their mouths shut until they KNOW you are an rper... I often wish there was a sort of rping classifieds website that could help all of us with finding these people and games, and keep us together... I know there are tons of those sites out there, but one universal one would be great.. "dragon"book or something
    You should try penandpapergames.com as well as meetup.com to see if there are any gamers in your area. P&PG is not quite the universal site you speak of, but it's the next best thing.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

I have found a good player here from the forums.

I am always looking to audition new players also.

Virtual Tabletop makes it much easier to find players, getting people around one table becomes harder and harder to manage over the years.

BOB

grab me if you want an invite for a Friday night game
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.dragonslayers-society.org

Been playing since '77. Started with T&T, Traveller, and D&D. Started Champions in 1983, and have played the HERO System steadily since then. I do play others once in a while, but HERO System works great for any genre I want to play.

My first experiences with RPGs was during mid 80s with Rolemaster and MERP (and subsequently fell in love with Pete Fenlon's work). I played AD&D in high school during the late eighties, of course. Rolemaster remains one of my favorites...got to love those critical tables. We've been playing Pathfinder for a couple of months now. Before that it was Ars Magica, Eclipse Phase, and the Dresden Files. I've also always been a big fan of the various Star Wars rpgs (West End and Saga Edition being the two best versions).

When I can manage to find the time, I'm also playing a couple of MMOs.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

I started with 1st Ed AD&D in 1980 while in the army. Played and DM'd with several groups through the 80s'. Met a new group in 1990 who were playing 2nd Ed so switched and have been using that version ever since. To heavily invested in 2E to want to start over with another new version. Old dog, No new tricks. Except I played in a play by post Castles & Crusades game for a few years.
    Currently have been running a Spelljammer 2E campaign for almost 5 years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast