Thread: Glory Shall Be Mine

Default Glory Shall Be Mine

So this map's been sleeping for a while now, but it's been worth it. I've recently managed to finish it, working around Inkscape's memory leaks.
    This maps's meant for a game of strategy and diplomacy I am working on called: "Glory Shall Be Mine". The game's about subduing others through diplomacy, trade and warfare, and the aim is to get your hands on 5 items that will make you the richest, the mightiest, indeed the most glorious.

I'm quite proud of the result, although I will look into an alternative way to render cities. I hope you like it too

Edit 31/03/12: changed the frame to match banner colour scheme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map14.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	43542  
    Last edited by jesuisbenjamin; 03-31-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added newer version

This is really well done jesuis, it has an endearing simple, semi-cartoonish style that I really dig. It conveys the geographic information without overly crowding the board with details. I think your method of rendering the cities is just fine and fits with the less-is-more presentation of the map. I suppose you could try an iconic type approach, like those found here, but I think this is great the way it is.

Totally repped, thanks for sharing this!

Thanks
    Excellent icons, perhaps too detailed for this map, but it could make a good template.

PS: name is Benjamin ("je suis" is French for "I am" )

That's a damn pretty map! For the purpose as a board game map, it fits absolutely perfect.