Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Continental map of my southern continent.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Continental map of my southern continent.

It hasnt been colored yet, but i figured i would share what i have done since i saved a copy in black an white. It takes place in a fantasy/post apoc style setting, but a couple thousand years past. So the trees have reclaimed most of it.

I think my rivers need to be darkened but other wise im pretty happy with how it turned out. I do plan to add ruined cities an small villages for the colored version.

Speaking of which does any one know of any brushes that will place a ruined city type look? Villages too if they are out there, i just dont want to stamp it with little dots, if possible.

DA links for larger view. http://lokiie1984.deviantart.com/#/d4u74jc Colored
    http://lokiie1984.deviantart.com/#/d4u6s6z Black and White
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First draft.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	43442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of Copy of TribalLaw.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	43441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of TribalLaw3.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	43443  
    Last edited by lokiie1984; 03-28-2012 at 06:57 AM. Reason: removed black and white version to add color version

Could you repost the black and white version in another post so I can see both?

Not sure why but i had posted this a couple hours ago but it never showed up. This is the first draft

And this is the black and white of the finished map
    Last edited by lokiie1984; 03-27-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Sure

Im actually really pleased with how it turned out, later on i will have to dig through my downloads so i can give credit to the people who made some of the brushes, i was downloading tons trying to find the right ones. Still not a 100% happy with my town markers but they work for now

also my DA has both of these plus some of my earlier attempts if you want to see em in a bigger resolution. http://lokiie1984.deviantart.com/

Your first 3 post as a new member must be checked by a moderator and approved to be sure you are not an evil Spam Bot .:0 Decent looking map so far!
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Thanks, i know its not perfect but doesnt really have to be in my book. I have always lived by the credo that my dad taught me "Perfection is over rated, doesnt have to be pretty, it just has to work"

I would like to name the mountains an what not but im not sure what the people of my book would name them, they are kind of still around the stone age give or take, an very thinly so i dont think they would have even fully explored the map let alone named things.

Pretty happy with it though, was kind of a neat little adventure making it. I never knew stuff like this was there.

@Gidde Thanks I looked through quite a bit an even searched DA, but i never did find anything that would fit like i wanted. I was hoping for some kind of over the top view of em, im sure they must be out there some where but never did see any, maybe my next adventure will be trying to make my own lol. Should probably try an finish the book though, its all churning in my brain an now i have a map to see where things are and where my characters are. Plus the map gave me ideas other things to try an work in to it, like that big ass hole. It has now become what cause the apocalypse, and killed off most of the people on the continent.
    Last edited by lokiie1984; 03-27-2012 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Replying to Gidde

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Looking pretty good! Have some rep for posting your first maps You may want to try the resources section of the forum for those symbols; I'm pretty sure there are some floating around in there.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Ooh, stone age book, that's nicely out-of-the-box, sounds cool. Watch out though, come in here looking to make a map for the book and the mapping starts taking precedence over the writing!

Well its fantasy/post apoc, so you have the fantasy races, but their origins are more man based, the elves were created by the "builders" for lack of a better word. Then i have this really neat cat based race that were forcefully evolved at an extreme rate because of the magic and what not (explaining things are hard when i dont want to go into extreme detail lol) They are the true stone age people, the humans running around are close to stone age, basic knowledge of metal but they live in stone an wood based trading villages. They have this massive continent to them selves and i would guess their population is around a couple thousand in isolated clusters.

Then, of course, you cant have fantasy with out swords, monsters, and armies.

Its been pretty fun just writing it out, feels like im doing something different with fantasy at least, but we will see how fun it is after i try and publish it lol

Guild Adept

Without a doubt an interesting map. It is a bit busy for my eye, at least in this small of a version, but as you say, first and foremost the map must work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast