Thread: March/April 2012 Lite Challenge Entry: CSU Johnsondale's New Found Lands

Default March/April 2012 Lite Challenge Entry: CSU Johnsondale's New Found Lands

"During the 2231 spring break cruise sponsored by CSU Johnsondale, excessive partying caused a small navigation malfunction. The ship emerged near a nice little water world with very little land. The students immediately began naming everything they could see from orbit, with the more studious factions sparring with the more physically-inclined factions and special-needs factions to give names to the visible elements (the naming was done in round-robin fashion to be fair). The cruise ship did eventually make it back to Earth with the liquor supplies running dangerously low and a new, habitable world to add to the list of possible colonization destinations.

This event has led the colonization authority to seriously reconsider their policy of allowing first discoverers to name features."

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blots4_final.jpg 
Views:	690 
Size:	234.9 KB 
ID:	43440

Excellent map!

Gorgeous! I love it! Ok, I'm not entering this challenge now.

Very nice...I'm jealous of those mountains. I know it's from your software but the few times I attempted it I didn't do so hot. Great map to the competition.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

See if this helps: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ink Blots to islands using Wilbur.pdf 
Views:	1105 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	43488

If I ever get actions implemented I'll be able to encapsulate these sorts of things into a more usable process.

This is helpful, iwould like to see more workflows regarding FT3 and wilbur as I´m absolutly amazed by the potential but not able to produce solid results. It´s just slow for try and error and I find myself with pencil in hand after I open up either program But with the right directions, you never know.

There is a tutorial I would like to understand the underlying logics, I´m able to follow it but can´t adapt it to my own desires. I´ll add it to the many challenges out there still to master.
    http://www.worldofgotha.com/PF_TUTOR...rah_index.html

Keep up the good work!