Thread: Yet another new user

Post Yet another new user

Hello!

I'm from Sweden, currently living in the southern parts in the city Malmö.

The reason I'm here is role play, but when I found out about this site and map making I got nerdy with it and now I mostly enjoy looking at other peoples creations. I have a special thing for old and hand drawn maps, copperplate works and weird old atlases with beasts in the seas, haha.

Other than this I am currently unemployed, besides the apperent anxiety of not having any money I have a lot of time that I can spend on things I like. Like power lifting and strength training, cooking and eating nice food, drawing, mapping, reading (Burning Wheel Gold edition is my current book, and also "Deep Nutrition" - me in a nutshell).

I am, somewhat, used to using Photoshop but all I've ever made in it are funny pictures and humorous montages. I'm used to computers (well, the first generation to not know the time before computers... you know) and I've found it very interesting and almost amazing that you can create such detailed and wonderful maps from scratch. I am truly impressed with some peoples work.

Well, see you around.

Welcome to the guild (or in Swedish: Välkommen till gillet)! There are tons of good tutorials for you to try out now when you have a lot of time. Also you can start up a WIP in the WIP-section of the forum. That is a gret way of learning things.

As you live in Sweden I can recommend the Photoshop course in Jönköping (that you do on distance). It's not to late to apply for nest term yet. It is really a great course (I've taken it myself) and you can buy the latest PS for a student prize
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Tack!

Good advice, I like that. Thanks alot. I've put up a WIP post now and I'll make sure to update it and check it as often as I can.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild, be sure to check out the tutorials
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise