Thread: Extreme newbe

Default Extreme newbe

Hello everyone.

Newguy here with ZERO experiance with anything "Painty" on computers, but with some years of RPG-maping on regular oldschool papper.
    Been a memeber for a while but actuly lost intresse of the whole art after trying some tutorials but Im back with a purpose!.

Im in the contruction of a world to my own RPG, and is one of thouse "I want to do everything myself" kind of guy (If I cant make it in time then I will most likely pay someone to do it for me but I got my fingers cross for a new skill).
    The thought is to release the game in two years and hope to atleast advance long enough to be able to make my own maps by then.

I've been following Ascensions tutorials but sense beeing a complete newbe, something always comes out wrong.
    This is the tutorial I've been trying: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...t-in-photoshop, the only wrong with that is that its hard to see forestareas in my opinion and I prefur something like the forest in his "Aalder forest".

I would also be VERY interested in learning to do a map like this one that is just my style for RPG.
    http://www.erebaltor.se/kartor/ereb/01_ereb.jpg
    If anyone have some input in how to start with one like this then PLEASE share you infinite wisdow.

Well that was it, and btw Im using PS.

Many thanks and have a good morning/day/evening/night etc
    //
    Neqrom

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

The link of the map you want to emulate doesn't seem to be working for me. Is the url correct? I'm interested in seeing it.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

The link works for me, not sure what the problem there is. I'd suggest taking a look at Pasis's or Tear's tutorials for that style of map, and just adjusting the colors used so that you get the cooler feel of the map you linked.

@ Joshua

Maybe this will work for you m8.
    http://www.erebaltor.se/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112
    Its the 2nd from the top

@ Gidde
    Thanks soo much will go through them as soon as possible and later on try to upload something.

Im very thankful for the help now lets read!
    //
    Neqrom
    Last edited by Neqrom; 03-30-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

That is really cool!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild and good luck with your endevours
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise