Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeper of Records

Post Keeper of Records

Hi all

It has always been the idea of the project that one day we will have a world that is consistent in terms of cultures and geography and this means someone (or many) will have to do a lot of creative writing in the future. What has happened is that many of the mapper sof the individual regions have done some of their own creative planning.

What we need is someone, who fancies themself as a bit of an editor, to put together everything that has been written about the regions so far in a continually changing and updating document. This should be available on these boards for all members to view and have reference to. This will 1. retain consistency with design ideas, 2. Allow mappers who want to map local areas within the regions to have a point of reference, 3. Provide a framework for the eventual creative writing proper 4. It could also keep track of who is mapping what so that there are no duplications.

Anybody want the job? (The hours are horrific and pay is well non-existent)

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

I've been looking for a way to get into the project, but since I'm not much of a mapper I've just been lurking. I suppose this is my opportunity to be able to finally contribute something. Lord knows I've got the time for it (though my wife may have a different opinion on that).

I don't know exactly how I'd lay everything out, but I'm sure that with a little fiddling I can figure something out to make everyone happy.

In any case, I'm more than happy to research all the threads here and see if I can't compile something that makes a bit of sense, if you'll have me. If not, or there's someone more qualified (which would be pretty much anyone, honestly), then I'll be content to continue lurking and watch this incredible stroke of brilliance take on life.

-IG

Pfff... this is tough. I have done something basically comparable for my planned campaign, but the focus was on plot.

If absolutely nobody steps up within three days from the point I posted this, I'll do it.

For my own part, I'll be happy to get more involved into the project once I finish my web site (more to the point the translation portion of my web site).
    Until then I'll be a low active member and dark one will be the one to take the great decision for the region 1-3.

Thanks and
    Sea-U-hall soon,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

I reckon Industrygothica and Baziron get the job. You can liase with each other as to how to spread the load. Alu can also help when he gets time. I recommend speaking to Arcana becasue he has offered to set up a wiki for the project.

Thanks to you all and welcome on board Industrygothica.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    I reckon Industrygothica and Baziron get the job. You can liase with each other as to how to spread the load. Alu can also help when he gets time. I recommend speaking to Arcana becasue he has offered to set up a wiki for the project.

Thanks to you all and welcome on board Industrygothica.

Torq

Been thinking a bit about layout, and I think I might have something worked out in my head. I'll tweak it and get it formatted first, and then post it.

My biggest decision was trying to decide to break down all 25 areas in one single post, or to make 25 separate posts in the thread. I'm thinking the latter, for linking purposes if nothing else. Maybe someone else has a different idea.

Do you happen to have the latest landgrab that shows what area everyone's got?

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't put too much effort into a series of posts...Wiki will be up as soon as I get a name for it.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Don't put too much effort into a series of posts...Wiki will be up as soon as I get a name for it.
    Would you believe that I've never used a wiki before? At least as far as editing anything goes, I've used them a ton for reference. Can't be too hard, I'm sure (hope).

Thanks.

-IG

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh its fantastically easy
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    oh its fantastically easy
    Well that's good news then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast