Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make Pizza Money in the time it takes to eat one!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

Thank you very much for chiming in on the discussion Mario.

I have had a link on my resources page to 0onegame for many years and talked about your products because I do value their usability and quality. I have used your products as examples for others to emulate when discussing how to publish their own maps.

I have removed the image from the site as requested.

Still hoping to have someone pick up this job as a chance to show they can be a paid artist.

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.dragonslayers-society.org

Wow... its rather great that the publisher is fairly open to things like this and posted directly here. Anstett, did you happen to invite him here to chime in or was he made aware in another way?

In any event, I am glad you were able to get to a point of knowing exactly what was an was not acceptable(and without being sued to get there!!!!). I hope you find some one to take on the work. If it were someone more my style, I would offer up, but...well cities are not my thing(not that there is much I could claim "is my thing"...lol)
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I did not ask him to reply here but I do intend to send him an email thanking him in private and asking if there is an accommodation we can come to so I can show his work on my game's site again. I do think they make very good products and want them to succeed at a company. Mario is a very nice guy from my few interactions with him.

This project is not a city by any stretch of the imagination. It is only 9 buildings that currently all fit into a neat simple rectangle. I only want to spread the buildings out to make the town more organic. The only thing on the map will be the rooftops.

The product I am using has detailed floor plans of each of the buildings. The other (now taken down upon request) citadel also is a room by room map product that I purchased from 0onegames. I am using four of their maps in the current Blood Trail Era in my game, one for each of the story arcs.

I am glad we can have this discussion here on the Guild so that all artists can see the complications that can arise and how they can be dealt with to everyone's satisfaction.

BOB

Bob, did you get someone to take a stab at this? If you have a moment, you can take a look at my blog (msjx.org) you can see the style I use. If this seems like a style you like, I can take a stab at this map for you. There are a few town/city maps on the blog as well.
    • m.s.jackson •
    Lapsus Calumni
    msjx.org

And SOLD to Ms Jackson

That style will work very well with the interior maps of the buildings.

PM me your prefered email address and I will send you the details.

BOB

moderator can please mark this as taken

And as a secondary reply, I did reach an agreement with Mario from 0onegames to allow me to post the image I had on my site earlier with a minor revision and proper links to purchase for those interested.

Again to everyone thank you for participating in the discussion, I hope it was helpful to everyone.

BOB

Although it may not matter to the final outcome I think it's M.S.Jackson judging by the avatar instead of Ms. Jackson
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

LOL Yeah, no worries.
    • m.s.jackson •
    Lapsus Calumni
    msjx.org

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Ha! I'm not the only one who gets mistaken for the wrong gender! YAY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12