Thread: Almost finished map -- The South

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Almost finished map -- The South

This is my first regional map. All my maps so far have been city/town maps, but I was doodling this map for my Exalted campaign and figured that I should give a regional map a try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	43513

I spent the next three weeks tinker in Photoshop on this one and the attached map is what I came up with. I used a few tutorials from this board, but I can't remember the links/posts, so if anyone recognizes techniques or whatever please comment.

This map is about 99% done. Some of the text on the map is a little small and kinda difficult to read, but the intended map is to be 1.5 times the size printed on poster paper (9" x 13") at 300 dpi. I recently acquired (for a really good deal) an Epson Stylus Pro 4000 plotter so now I can plot/print all kinds of neat things.

Any comments would be appreciated. I, in particular, would like some comments on the text. I am fairly satisfied with it but I think it could be better as to color/font/size. When I do the text I generally do a ctrl+select the text layer(s) and then make a new layer with a mask of the text selection, and then I fill the layer with whatever text color I want. That way the text size and font information is protected and I do not have to rasterize the text. Instead I can apply filters to the fill layer and to its mask. It is a pretty fun technique, and all I have to do if I want to change some text (move or add new text) is to make a new mask for the layer.

Anyway, so what do you all think?

Jamison
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harborhead_printing.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	266.7 KB 
ID:	43514