Thread: Completed - Watcher's Cove

Somewhere between the North Pole and the South Pole

Post Completed - Watcher's Cove

I have been in the Guild for only a short while but I am ready to show the world the first finished map.

As some of you know, I write short stories, mostly for fun. This map came out of story under the same name. I could use some constructive criticism.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cove 3.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	328.4 KB 
ID:	43519

Just, be gentle.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

The thing that stands out most to me is that the names would be better served with something around them to make them easier to read. An outline, or perhaps a drop shadow, something like that. Just to give them a bit more pop. For a small map like this, I'd also stick to one text size. I use different size text to denote things of importance or vast size difference, e.g. all my cities will be one size, and all my towns will have a smaller text to reflect the difference. But personally, for labeling different zones or areas like this, I'd just keep it the same.

I really like the island's shape, though. And I love the little tiny islands within the bay. Looks like a lot of adventure could be had there!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    I really like the island's shape, though. And I love the little tiny islands within the bay. Looks like a lot of adventure could be had there!
    If only the island was big enough. That scale read 0 - 1, and I use the American system of miles.

However, thanks for the props. I am still proud of this map; it did help bring out my story much better . . . until the story died with no material.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    The thing that stands out most to me is that the names would be better served with something around them to make them easier to read. An outline, or perhaps a drop shadow, something like that.
    BTW, you could check out my DeviantArt page of this map: http://mtgemperor.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4myoop
    Hope you enjoy the contents!