Thread: Request for a Campaign Map

Map Request for a Campaign Map

Hullo all,
    Ishmayl here, friendly neighborhood Overlord of the CBG. I'm finally working on my campaign setting, Shadowfell, again after about a year of lack of inspiration, and I'm in need of a map. Phoenix, over at my site, created a very nice digital map for me awhile back, and I'm looking for a hand-drawn map to compliment it for some special projects I'm working on.

I'm looking for it to be approximately 4000px wide by 2000px tall, and cover the entire continent of Alsa Eru (which is the continent Shadowfell takes place on). I've found a few styles of maps online that I really love and that I believe would fit the mood of my campaign setting - they're linked below. However, that's not to say that someone else's personal styles here wouldn't work much better - I'm just hoping to give you an idea of what I'm thinking of in terms of hand-made maps. Is there anyone that would be interested in helping out? If so, I'll send you the various "schematics" that would be needed.

Here are the links to some mapping styles I'm fond of - again, I'm not looking for anyone to copy a style, just to show you what I'm thinking about, to see if it would be something you're interested in.

http://www.savageheroes.com/conversi...esColorMap.jpg

http://www.cartographersguild.com/fe...ollexiaMap.jpg

There's also an attachment below of a map that I had in my computer for some reason, but I couldn't find a link.

Thanks!
    -Ish
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ValusiaMap1.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	235.4 KB 
ID:	3089  
    Last edited by Ishmayl; 04-29-2008 at 07:34 PM.

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.

I'll give a little bump to this by adding a couple more links:

http://masamune-date.deviantart.com/art/Bornan-78297618

http://sirithduriel.deviantart.com/a...d-Map-75289149

http://fragless.deviantart.com/art/M...Eltar-28208522

Anyone have some advice or help to offer?

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Hi. Hand drawn maps seem to be more of my thing. Digital has always given me the heebie jeebies . I'd be willing to try this Ishmayl. I'll pm you my email address if you want to give it a go. Check my Maurizia thread for samples.
    -P

Though I can't map for spit(so I can't help you out), I have to give GREAT props to whoever made this map. The mountains on this are just truly awesome.

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect View Post
    Hi. Hand drawn maps seem to be more of my thing. Digital has always given me the heebie jeebies . I'd be willing to try this Ishmayl. I'll pm you my email address if you want to give it a go. Check my Maurizia thread for samples.
    -P
    Thanks Perfect, your regional map on your Mauriza thread is pretty awesome. I would be honored to have your help!

Hey guys,
    I'm still looking for someone to help me with this if anyone is available. The original person who offered to help disappeared, so I'm making the request again. The area that I would like mapped is in the attachment below. I'm just looking for a well-drawn hand-drawn map. If anyone can help with this, I would be forever in your debt! If you're interested, you can respond in this thread, or PM me, or email me at fallen_ishmayl{at}yahoo{dot}com.

The map below is slightly out of date, but I have an up to date version of it if anyone is interested.

Cheers!
    -Ish
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crescent.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	4586  
    Last edited by Ishmayl; 06-24-2008 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmayl View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm still looking for someone to help me with this if anyone is available. The original person who offered to help disappeared, so I'm making the request again. The area that I would like mapped is in the attachment below. I'm just looking for a well-drawn hand-drawn map. If anyone can help with this, I would be forever in your debt! If you're interested, you can respond in this thread, or PM me, or email me at fallen_ishmayl{at}yahoo{dot}com.

The map below is slightly out of date, but I have an up to date version of it if anyone is interested.

Cheers!
    -Ish
    Ishmayl, you have a good start with the map you posted up. If you have a bit of time to try the work yourself, I have no doubt many people on the Guild here could help point you in the right direction to get you to something you like. If your looking for something similar in style to this last posting with color, shading, and perhaps a bit of clean up, I have no doubt that you could digitally fancy this up in 2-5 hours or so and come up with a "very" nice map.

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm actually looking for a very nice hand-drawn map, I've already been offered a digital map, but for my regions, I'm looking for non-digital. Kind of like those I posted as examples in the first post.

On the other hand, I would also be willing to learn to draw maps myself, but I never can seem to figure out a style that I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmayl View Post
    I'm actually looking for a very nice hand-drawn map, I've already been offered a digital map, but for my regions, I'm looking for non-digital. Kind of like those I posted as examples in the first post.

On the other hand, I would also be willing to learn to draw maps myself, but I never can seem to figure out a style that I like.
    Ah... I guess I was confused since several of the maps you pointed to are 100% "hand drawn" on the computer (at least two in photoshop if I recall correctly)

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials: