Thread: Looking for maps suitable for Deadlands

Help Looking for maps suitable for Deadlands

Hello,

I am going to be running a Deadlands game in the future, and I was trying to find maps that would be suitable for handing out to my players, and maybe giving me ideas for story adventures and the like.

Specifically I'm looking for maps that look like they were or actually were made during the 1880-1910 period. Any maps made by people on this forum specifically FOR Deadlands would be awesome; my google fu is weak, it seems.

I tried doing an image search on google, and I find quite a few maps that are good in theory, but are just too "busy":
    this is a good example

Specifically, I'd like maps that are similar in the above style, but don't have so much stuff going on. The maps are going to be printed out on higher-quality resume paper for texture and given to players, but I'm only going to be printing them out on my color laser printer on 8x11 paper, so they kind of need to be "clean" so that they're relatively easy to read.

I don't care if they are Regional, State, or local maps; my Deadlands game will feature travel by Rail, so getting them from one state to another will not be an issue for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I like Deadlands. Hard to come up wiht maps out of nowhere though; what in particular were you thinking of having them do?

Did you see this one while you were googling?

You could also check out a map by Gamerprinter. He won a challenge years ago with a great map with a western theme. You would need to check with him on the license use, but I expect he would be ok with you using it for home use if you like the map. Don't remember the name though, so you will have to do some searching. Also, the entire challenge was Western theme. November 2007 was the challenge month/year.
    Last edited by jfrazierjr; 04-03-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I have the same issues with map I found. Another problem.. find a good train map .

Sadizzm on DeviantArt does deadlands maps (Deadlands by Sadizzm on deviantART). His Red Canyon map might be exactly what you are looking for. He also posted here recently - see http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...tml#post230254.

Guild Journeyer

There are quite a few Deadlands maps on the Profantsy website by both Sadizzm and Ralf. ProFantasy Community Forum - Show and Tell
    Ferry boat, buildings and encounter maps.