Thread: Ello Ello

Default Ello Ello

I found the site looking for help in creating a map ( and a world really ).
    I work from the inside out so making the world is a daunting task. I can make a place or character and build out from them but ask me to draw a continent and my brain locks up. lol

Anyway, the idea I had for the geography was already used so Im here to hopefully polish my creativity and skills. Woohoo.

- Jp

hey I am the same way. I have had the Idea for my own world for a while now but the few maps I have made just don't fell right. The wierd thing is the idea I have had for my world ( for more that two years now) is very close to the one for Skyrim.

What is the world for?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild! I feel your pain on the inside-out outside-in issue, only mine is backwards. I spend all my time doing worlds and continents, and if I try to make a region smaller than that I freeze! (But, how do I know it makes sense if I don't create the whole world first???? hehehehe)

Good luck in your endeavors, looking forward to see how your world develops

Hello and Welcome.

I have a lot of details settled for my world, but in the search for realistic geography, I have found myself compromising on those fronts. I think it best for us to be flexible when designing these things, eh?

I wish you the best in locating inspiration and developing your creative mapping skills!

~S.P.I.~

Im creating a paper and dice rpg world. I started many years ago, go overwhelmed and gave up, and Ive decided to pick it back up. Ive inlisted some help in the other areas so I dont burn out again.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Once I get something nailed down Ill put it up. ^_^