Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** April Challenge - Cinematic Fight Scene ***

Guild Member Facebook Connected Nighthawk's Avatar

Can someone enter more than once? I have two ideas... and am *this* close to just doing them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Can someone enter more than once? I have two ideas... and am *this* close to just doing them both.
    You can always make as many maps as you want, but only one thread and only one map entry will be able to voted on(except in the uber rare circumstance that allows for multiple images such as tiles as components to build another map.)
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hi, I thinking about entering this (Challenge virgin here) How large should these be and what dpi?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

There's no restriction on image size (though the site limits the size of attached files) or on dpi.

However, people often want to use these sorts of maps for games, and there's a standard 100 pixels per grid best practice for most virtual tabletops. So, if you set the document up at 100dpi, and have a 1 inch square grid, that should work great for most uses, and keep the overall pixel size of the image manageable.

But you can win these challenges with an 800px wide map or an 8000px wide map - it's more about the content than the specs. Welcome to the challenge, jump right in!

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    There's no restriction on image size (though the site limits the size of attached files) or on dpi.

However, people often want to use these sorts of maps for games, and there's a standard 100 pixels per grid best practice for most virtual tabletops. So, if you set the document up at 100dpi, and have a 1 inch square grid, that should work great for most uses, and keep the overall pixel size of the image manageable.

But you can win these challenges with an 800px wide map or an 8000px wide map - it's more about the content than the specs. Welcome to the challenge, jump right in!
    Cool thank you

I've been swamped as of late, so haven't had the chance to dedicate tiem to this. Hopefully I can come up with something in the very near future and make something decent before the deadline.

I have what I think is a great idea for this. However, I can't get to it until next week and the way things have been lately it's been so hard to find time for art. Here's hoping.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

OK, got my idea... Now I just need to get around to doing it.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Shouldn't voting start today?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

It probably should have, but I don't have the heart to close all the entries without a warning ... so here's the warning.

This challenge will close tomorrow at 10pm EDT (uh ... I think that's 2am GMT).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast