Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another New Community Leader??? Welcome Torq

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Praise Another New Community Leader??? Welcome Torq

Due to his initiative and helpfulness with the Cooperative World Building Project, as well as his general helpfulness and participation around the forums, we've decided to promote a new community leader! Everyone give a hearty welcome and congratulations to Torq, our newest community leader.

His primary function as community leader will be towards the CWBP, but we will definitely welcome the help around the rest of the site.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Welcome Torq!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks guys. Its a great privilege to join such esteemed company. What a week! Next week: World Peace and an academy award. I might need some help on what this community leader thing entails but I'll be sure to ask.

Cheers
    Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wanted to clear a little air here while its on my mind. So far, all the Community Leaders have been nominated by myself and other Community Leaders, and every time we nominate one we make a big post about it here.

I want everyone to know that Community Leader status is definitely not any indication of special treatment or any extended benefit other than helping out with the direction of the community here at the guild.

These guys do not receive any paychecks from the Cartographers' Guild nor are they obligated in any way to help out any more than they wish. By promoting these guys I'm merely giving them the permissions forum-wise to do the things that help the community stay forward-motion.

It is not an exclusive group by any means, and I personally ask each CL before promoting them if they want the title and additional "responsibility".

I'm making this post because even though I haven't sensed any ill-will, these New Community Leader welcome messages have been getting very little non-CL interest, so I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the choices for promotion. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Journeyer

Allow me to be the last to congratulate you!

Only 948 more posts to a point of rep.

Indeed! Welcome aboard Torq! We'll send you the instructions for the super secret handshake and decoder ring once we finish processing all the paperwork and you send us that blank check.

Hey! I'm just kidding.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I am no longer falling for that old decoder ring story. I am most unimpressed with the official gadgetry since Arcana told me we dont even get a hat. What about a title .. I like Generalissimo?

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

ROFL
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast