Thread: Winter is Coming... from my macbook pro

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default Winter is Coming... from my macbook pro

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	?source=9780345538543&height=450&.jpg 
Views:	1285 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	43681

It's official! I am working on the maps for A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin. The image above is an early mockup of the cover and the full map folio is due to come out in October of this year. Now obviously I can't say too much about the project, but here's the description from the product page:

George R. R. Martin’s beloved Song of Ice and Fire series, which started with A Game of Thrones, is bursting with a variety and richness of landscapes—from bitter tundra to arid wasteland and everything in between—that provide a sense of scale unrivaled in contemporary fantasy. Now this dazzling set of maps, featuring original artwork from illustrator and cartographer Jonathan Roberts, transforms Martin’s epic saga into a world as fully realized as the one around us.

The centerpiece of this gorgeous collection is guaranteed to be a must-have for any fan: the complete map of the known world, joining the lands of the Seven Kingdoms and the lands across the Narrow Sea for the first time in series history. But this is just one of many unique maps that aren’t available anywhere else. There is an alternate version that tracks the movements of the series’ protagonists throughout their vast world, along with more detailed versions of the western, middle, and eastern thirds of the world; a full map of Westeros, combining North and South; one of the Dothraki Sea and the Red Wastes; and the Braavos city map. And here, too, are fan favorites detailing everything from urban sprawl to untamed wilds: maps of King’s Landing; The Wall and Beyond the Wall; the Free Cities; and Slaver’s Bay, Valyria, and Sothyros.

Never before has the entire scope of Martin’s universe been so exhaustively and fascinatingly depicted. The maps in this beautiful, one-of-a-kind atlas will enrich your reading or viewing experience, provide another view of your favorite characters’ epic journeys, and open up captivating new worlds—plus, they’ll look great on any castle wall.
    It's hugely exciting to be involved in a project set in a world I've followed for so long. You can find out more information on the project here and here, and the Amazon page here.

That's awesome, Torstan! I envy your opportunity. Look forward to seeing what you create.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations!

read the books/saw the series, and I love them.... a cartographer's dream to map all these for the offcial publishers, congratulations man!! cheers, DJ

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Thanks guys!

In unconnected news - it turns out macbook pros can actually take 16Gb of RAM

Torstan, congratulations and well done!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Joshua's Avatar

Awesome! And congrats!
    Yes, I'm colorblind. But my pink fields and orange forests are avant garde!!

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congratulaions, dude. That's an awesome opportunity, especially with that awesome show running these days. I'll definitely pick this one up when it's ready.

Blog Entries

Wow thats the most awesome commission I have seen yet. Kudos.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Congrats! I am so excited to see the book!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast