Thread: New...Very new!

Default New...Very new!

Good day all!

I am doing my debut in Fantasy Cartography.. at least online and on other media then paper.

Doing this for hobby. Have Photoshop CS3 and looking for help and tips.

I am pleased to be here

Evil

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

*reads name...plops Santana CD in player*

Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web

Help and Tips aplenty around here, esp. for mapping. The first and best tip I can give you is to check out the Tutorials forum. You will find oooodles of tuts for PS there. The Second and almost as good a tip is to post your maps in the W(ork) I(n) P(rogress) forum. I would suggest doing it almost as soon as you start a map, because you will recieve all sorts of commentary and critisism (and all of the good kind) on ways that you may be able to improve on what you have.

The third tip I have for you is NOT to worry about the quality of what you have to show. We ALL started with a first map, and we have some ppl here who have grown into their talent through the C&C that they have recieved here. Do not be afraid to ask any questions that you may have about this great hobby of ours, be it about technique, programs, "what color should I use here" or anything else mappy. We are here to help make great maps, help others learn and to oogle some really, truely inspiring maps.

Who knows...maybe one of yours might even end up gracing our walls....with puddles of drool behind the security barriers.....
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Guild Apprentice TheBigBlueFrog's Avatar

Welcome. I'm a new member too. I use Photoshop CS2 at home, and CS4 at work. Ever use any other Adobe products? One of the things I want to learn is the scripting features of Acrobat, so I can build layered maps like the ones published by 0One. "Click" and you've got a grid. "Click" and it's a player mp. "Click" and it's a GM map.

Know what I mean?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!

"Welcome and well-met," said the good witch's cat.