Hi guys,

This is my first entry and its an idea I've been planning in the back of my head as an end point for a campaign I haven't even started.

I was inspired by this webpage: http://www.damninteresting.com/this-...lace-of-honor/

In particular, this quote really made me want to create an awesome fight.

This place is a message… and part of a system of messages… pay attention to it!Sending this message was important to us. We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.

What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.

The danger is in a particular location… it increases toward a center… the center of danger is here… of a particular size and shape, and below us.

The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours.

The danger is to the body, and it can kill.

The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.

The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

In my campaign (4e), the world is beginning to change because the old gods are awakening, ultimately the players will end up deciding if they want to help the old gods or seal them away forever. This is probably going to be the last map they encounter before entering the temple and deciding the fate of this world. The idea is that one faction or another of the newer gods will try to prevent them from reaching the temple as the entire ground beneath the fight is giving way. One of the things I want to do is have sections of the map "fall away" and indicate this in maptools and such with tokens/overlays. In the first round the ground will rumble and become difficult terrain. If the players haven't gotten off that section by the start of the third round they will need to roll to make a leap off as the entire section begins to crumble away.

I'm going to be doing this on a 20 x 30" format since its easy to print this up at Costco for about $9. Hopefully the concept sounds sort of cool

I'm still in the midst of cleaning up the whole thing to make it look like floating platforms where the land is disintegrating so excuse the mess.
### LATEST WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	This is not a place of Honor..jpg 
Views:	652 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	43706