Thread: Hi from sunny new zealand

Post Hi from sunny new zealand

Hi there peoples

Name's Dan, I'm a graphic designer in New Zealand in my last year of study. I'm primarily a roleplay geek by hobby, and I love doing the occasional map for Exalted, which is my main game of choice. Most recently I did a map for the city of Nexus, which features in the game.

My weapons of choice are currently the Adobe program range, namely Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design, though I'm keen to check out whatever software is popular with other people.

Soooo yeah. Hi!

Very nice! The underlying city texture is a bit peculiar--that appears to be a satellite image of a modern city. It does give me an idea, though:

In the Old Testament (Daniel, I think), there's a reference to angels being assigned to particular cities. Angels, of course, don't exist in our physical universe, but they obviously relate to it somehow. So what if there were a sort of celestial overlay--a spiritual city that exists on top of a physical city, with its own districts, streets, and neighborhoods. Events in one realm might affect things in the other.

Okay, that's enough hijacking of a welcome thread. Hi, and welcome to the Guild! I hope you learn a lot and do plenty of teaching as well!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Welcome to the group. That is a nice Map.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

First-Off: Hi Megapope ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    In the Old Testament (Daniel, I think), there's a reference to angels being assigned to particular cities. Angels, of course, don't exist in our physical universe, but they obviously relate to it somehow. So what if there were a sort of celestial overlay--a spiritual city that exists on top of a physical city, with its own districts, streets, and neighborhoods. Events in one realm might affect things in the other.
    To those who know exalted this will surely make them smile... for more Info look for Yu-Shan in context of Exalted.

Welcome Megapope. I think you will enjoy the interaction on this site. I love the stylised look of your Nexus map. What do you use to do your maps?

Please drop in at the Collaborative Worldbuilding thread, and dont be shy to jump in, we are continuosly looking for new members to get involved and we've got a whole world that needs mapping piece by piece.

Also great to have another member of the Tri-nations represented here.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Wotcher, megapope. Welcome to our little guild. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. You look like a dab hand at photoshop, do feel free to add any cunning techniques to our tutorial section!

Welcome to the Guild. I think that you will grow to love it here. And, please, show off more of your work!

Welcome! Oh yes! I am a huge fan of Exalted as well, but alas have never been able to play. I have read all the books I have and even collected the short lived comic. I like your city map very much and as MadLetter mentioned that idea of a celestial overlay does indeed make me smile.

I look forward to more of your work.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.