Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Free Map

Map A Free Map

A while back I promised to create a tutorial for my map of Eriond. I have finally made good on that promise here. In the process of writing that tutorial, I created this map. Since I don't have any particular use for it myself, I thought I'd make it available to anyone out there who would like to use it (e.g. for a RPG campaign or setting). The map is licensed under Creative Commons and the only right which I have reserved is that if you use it in any published or online capacity that you acknowledge that I am the artist responsible for the piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Free Map.jpg 
Views:	1598 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	43800  

I approve of your free map it looks nice. I'd approve even more if the seas looked warmer and more inviting!

Oh, and the large south-eastern lake seems to have a strange river/canal system at its southern end.

Great map. very dramatic color patterns! Actually it is the 2 northwestern lakes that the rivers going in and out of them that needs to be fixed. Minor details though, overall really well done.

Thanks guys. About the rivers, they were generated using Wilbur, and I don't know of a way to control placement of them. So unfortunately I'm not sure how to correct for any strange river systems that might appear.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Default Just for Fun

Decided to play around with this and turn it into an older style map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vranos Old2.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	43887  

Nice modification.

Guild Novice

Offering a creative commons free map is very generous, thank you. The map is lovely, and so is the sepia toned version. It won't work for my current campaign, but if I use it in the future, you can bet that I will give all kinds of credit back to you.

Thanks. There's lots of other folks here who have offered there maps as free resources via a creative commons license as well. BTW, don't I know you from the Obsidian Portal?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

This is simply gorgeous and a very nice gift to the community. Thank you very much!

I very much like the shape of those continents. Both maps are beautiful! I love this style you have developed and am hoping to try out your Eriond Tutorial in the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast