Thread: Sandpoint Varisia becomes Dawnpoint Cormyr

Default Sandpoint Varisia becomes Dawnpoint Cormyr

For a campaign I am running with friends, we needed a new home base, and while I really love Sandpoint, it wasn't what I needed, so with a lot of tinkering I have come up with the following. It is nearly complete. The map part is done but I really need to work on the trees and river in my opinion. I always read but almost never post here so here you go. I hope someone likes it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dawnpoint Complete- reduced.jpg 
Views:	7887 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	44660

I like it, nice, neat, clean and very functional.

Very nice. Sandpoint is a great city and I like your reorganization. Big church for such a little town, however. Will you keep the story of its creation similar to the original? Have a little rep!
    M

Thank you. Without trying to give an entire summation of the campaign the short version is no. I have radically altered the Sandpoint story. Except for the Goblin attack and Glassworks episodes, my campaign will not use any additional elements of RotRL. It is a half homebrew/half Forgotten Realms Campaign made for the Pathfinder Beginner Box ruleset to start.

The cathedral is very large, but this was intentional. It is a magically infused crystal glass structure that is modeled on Notre Dame. Short version - the owner of the Glassworks was a cultist of the campaigns Big Bad end guy and hid some secrets(bad) in the glass. This 'cathedral' is his dorment phylactery. The whole campaign is the players recovering runes etc for the "kind mayor" to protect Dawnpoint. She hopes to be the BBEGs avatar or simulcrum and was instrumental in causing the fall of Nualia behind the scenes.

As a final push when I ran the Beginners Box the presets went through Crypt of the Everflame. The girl they rescued at the end was Nualia as a young teenager in my game and was the catalyst that allows the 'mayor' to set her schemes in motion.

ps- This entire map was done in Paint.net as I do not know Photoshop (nor own it)
    Last edited by Ravenbow; 05-09-2012 at 05:03 PM.