Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article Request for the Next Issue of Fantaseum

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    I was thinking of writing a tutorial/informative guide on pen and ink drawing for the tutorials section of the forum .. if there was an interest for it... specifically on pens, choices of, caring of, using and abusing; inks and uses, choices etc; Paper size, texture, types. Then some basics on sketching, inking, shading, thatching, practice tips... and then a bit on lettering and caligraphy
    YES! ahem. That is to say, I would be interested in a tutorial of that sort, whether or not it goes into the 'zine. It's easy to find tutorials on technique but very difficult to find information about materials.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

That sounds like an awesome article!

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

well thank you all what format does it need to be in? where and who do I need to send it and what timeline are we looking at?

and the timeline we are looking at? deadline?

right o... I'll be working on that and should have it out to you within this next week...

Rob, I actually planned to put out a PDF "tutorial" for it as well on the forum, maybe a post version as well for users who don't (gasp) download the ezine or who use search functions... that and the one I was going to post up will probably be longer and more 'in-depth' because after all... the one for the ezine is an article in a much larger selection of work... can't hog all the lime light

How do you format the ezine, and are there any limits to what you want to include vs not? Is there a theme for this issue (or next, since there is only 12 days to get something to you).

Maps, obviously.
    Paper minis, tokens, or other artwork?
    NPCs, or is that too game system specific?
    Settings?

At this point in time, anything you like. I made the last ezine for print, because I thought that people (ie. generally old fashioned people like me) would want to print it out to read, so it was very text heavy and expository. The next version will (at least from the CG end of things) be much more a 'how to' type of affair, apart from a couple of features, like Anna's Flaness project. As it turns out, most people just read it on line, so I'll have links to the original threads from which the material comes. One of the running features I'm hoping to run are mapping elements that people might want to use, so please feel free to do an article or at least point me to some.

Also, there'll be a classified section (either as a section on its own or ads dotted around in the ezine - I haven't decided yet), so if you want to advertise your site on there, that too would be wonderful (see the industry pro forum for more details).

It's not going to come out at the start of June, probably more towards the middle or end, (mostly through my having done not much so far) so you have lots of time left!

Cheers

Ravs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12