Thread: Great site!

Guild Applicant

Default Great site!

Hi there! I really love this site! Its amazing the amount of quality here. I was searching for cool maps on google for a roleplay strategic game a friends of mine and me play via skype and ta-dah, cartographers heaven! xD

I hope to learn something here!

Welcome to the Guild, HarTstaRx -- pick an interesting tutorial and dive in! What graphics software do you already know?

Yes welcome Har, like Jbgibson mentioned, the best way to learn is to pick a tutorial and dive right in. Then throw up a work-in-progress map and you'll get all sorts of positive feedback.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Applicant

I dont really know much about Photoshop and Gimp. I use them occasionally but I hope to understand them and their layers better here. I noticed that there is a company called phantasy star that has software to make mock ups. Is their software useful in any way?
    Last edited by HarTstaRx; 04-10-2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Spelling

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hi and welcome to the Guild! I've never heard of that company, but I can attest to the tutorials giving a better knowledge of PS and Gimp. I went from not knowing either at all to writing tutorials myself!